First I want to thank everyone who filled out the survey! I truly appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions and give me your thoughts. Helping History Happen is a new endeavor for me and one that I hope will be of use to all of us working and playing in history. The answers you gave will help me in what questions I ask and what resources I develop to help you. Without further ado.
Drum Roll Please……
Our winners are:
- J. White
- N. Larson
- D. Rosen
- M. Broggy
The wool was mailed out on Wednesday, January 18. It was a fun challenge to fold and roll up the wool so it would fit into the smallest boxes I could. I can’t wait to see what everyone makes with the fabric.
Some of the interesting things I learned from the survey are:
- Average number of Attendees ranged from 14-15000
- Better Communication is needed
- People have a hard time finding new members, volunteers, and participants
- Registration for accurate head counts is a big challenge
- The two largest things people enjoyed about historical events were Immersion and Education
When I look at the results, I am amazed at the wide variety of events and individuals who come together to enjoy history. I am excited as I think about how I can help and serve this community that has brought me so much joy over the years. I will be working to bring you better tools and techniques for some of these challenges. Please reach out with any thoughts or questions I am always up for a chat.